First off let me say I am glad to be back! Life has been crazy lately & I had fallen back into a creative funk… I haven’t finished much and so I have posted in weeks. Anyways this apron helped me get back into my usual creative swing of things so here you go.
Okay, I was excited to get my pattern in the mail yesterday so I pulled out two of my favorite Micheal Miller fabrics that I have been hoarding forEVER. The pattern is ‘The Emmeline Apron’ by Montessori by Hand and is fully reversible.
Anyways I think it took me 1 1/2 hours to make from start to finish, but that included making my own binding (pattern calls for). The pattern calls for 1 yd of each of the main fabrics & 1 3/4 yd of the coordinating fabric… I only had 1 yd of the brown but it still worked okay, my binding just wasn’t cut on the bias.
All in all I am very please how it turned out…. it looks GREAT on my headless display lady. I did a few things differently… such as the location where I left the hole for turning it. It’s a great pattern, but it doesn’t look as great on me cause I have huge knockers! The coordinating strip under the bust ‘disapears’ which makes it look kinda blah. I will problem modify it a bit to make something a little more flattering for my body type. I also plan on drafting a similar type sun dress as well!
Anyways, what you have been waiting for the pictures!